Marketing & Events Executive/Manager - Cancer Charity
Marketing & Events Executive / Manager
Cancer Charity - Birmingham
GBP22,000 to GBP30,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Marketing & Events professional who wants to put your skills into really making a difference in people's lives and giving something back?
Do you love working within a smaller organisation where you can see the results of your efforts?
Do you like the sound of a varied role that will involve organising corporate and community events as well as taking the lead on marketing, media, PR and all internal and external communications?
If the answers are yes, then this could be the role you've been searching for.
My client is a small cancer charity, based in Birmingham, that has a great opportunity for a creative and dynamic marketing and events professional. As a growing charity with a small team, it is imperative that applicants have previous experience and are confident in their ability to develop and implement online and offline marketing strategies and handle event management.
There is a good deal of flexibility and the right person could be in the earlier stages of their career, currently a Marketing & Events Coordinator or Executive, or more experienced and perhaps currently working in a managerial role. This is reflected in the wide salary range of GBP22K - GBP30K starting salary.
The primary objective of the role is to work alongside the founder and CEO to formulate, and execute, a marketing strategy in line with the charities vision.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Develop a marketing plan & strategy to expand services within the healthcare sector and to increase corporate and individual engagement to increase income generation
- Lead on all communications including social media, media, PR, Internal & External Communications
- Measure & collate reports on lead conversion, follower numbers and awareness promotions
- Work with website providers and manage web content
- Manage marketing budget and deliver effective ROI
- Design & produce hardcopy marketing materials
- Manage external agencies for projects
- Oversee development of new CRM system
- Event management - corporate and community events - including raising awareness via social media and relationship building
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Solid marketing background
- Experience of developing and implementing online & offline strategies
- Experience of managing communications to a variety of audiences
- Experience of working with website developers
- Experience of all aspects of event management
- Experience of managing a range of social media and online platforms
- Excellent relationship builder - with external supporters and wider stakeholders
This role will require the sort of person who can work on their own initiative as well as integrate well into a team. Most importantly, you will need to possess empathy and enthusiasm and be passionate about the mission of the charity. You will also be proactive and have a 'can-do' attitude.
While not essential, if you have had some experience of cancer affecting your family and friends, this could give you a useful perspective. The role will be subject to DBS checks and you will need access to a vehicle (business mileage reimbursed).
This is a great opportunity for somebody who is keen to use their skills to benefit a worthy charity. There are good prospects for personal and professional development.
This role will suit an experienced: Marketing Coordinator, Marketing Executive, Marketing Manager, Events Manager, Marketing & Events Coordinator, Marketing & Events Manager.