Head of Corporate Counter Fraud
The employer is the new government owned company responsible for driving forward the motorways and major A roads.
- To maintain and develop a comprehensive economic crime risk assessment This will involve working with stakeholders across the business to ensure that all risks are recognised, have owners and mitigation plans in place.
- Manage all investigations undertaken by the counter fraud team in a prompt, proportionate and objective manner following applicable legislation and policies.
- Leading on the development and maintenance of economic crime risk assessment and analysis, including the continual scoping of the risk landscape (which will be consistent with the Company's overall risk assessment practices).
- Advise on the design and implementation of preventative and detective controls to aid the proactive detection of irregularities, frauds and inefficiencies across all aspects of the business.
- Provide economic crime reporting and management information to senior management and the Audit and Risk Committee and provide support and guidance to colleagues within the supply chain-facing side of the Company who are engaged in activities to prevent, deter and detect economic crime
- Evaluate new technologies and threats (including implementing specific fraud initiatives), making recommendations to the organisation to help mitigate fraud losses.
- Analyse and investigate operational losses, savings and redress to ensure that all available sanctions and redress are sought in cases of proven economic crime, in line with the Company's related policies
- You will have a background in counter fraud, audit and forensic financial investigation and a track record of leading projects and working collaboratively with teams and a range of stakeholders.
- Extensive demonstrable experience of fraud risk management, ideally in a construction, procurement or contract management environment with a full understanding of key legislation, regulatory bodies and best practice within the fraud specialism
- Understands emerging threats within the operating environment, ensuring that appropriate anti-fraud initiatives are in place to protect the Company from losses
- ACFS / CFE qualified counter fraud professional or PIP Level 2 qualified with extensive experience to demonstrate a comprehensive and technical understanding of all relevant legislation that impacts on economic crime investigations.
- A recognised professional qualification (CCAB, CIPD,