Head of Sales - Engineering
Head of Sales required to join a world leading engineering consultancy based in the West Midlands offering a salary of circa GBP100k plus benefits.
A world leading engineering specialist based within the West Midlands are seeking a Head of Sales to join their Senior Management Team. This role is offered on a permanent, 40 hour per week basis, paying a salary in the region of GBP100,000 per annum in addition to benefits including; a profit-based Management bonus, an attractive contributory pension scheme, private health care, fuel card, mobile and laptop.
With a global customer base, our Client offers complete turnkey engineering services with the ability to offer state-of-the-art solutions within Engineering Consultancy, Composite Technologies and Special Operations. Following a multi-million pound investment our Client is committed to delivering the latest solutions to evolving requirements within Automotive, Aerospace, Defence, Rail and Composite related sectors, securing their position as one of the UK's fastest growing manufacturers.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this is a 'hands-on' sales role whereby the Head of Sales will be responsible for achieving our client's strategic goals for growth of the business, using both currently pipelined and new business leads to maximise sales opportunities with both new and existing client bases. The Head of Sales will build key customer relationships whilst taking a strategic sale focussed strategy to target and secure major new clients.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Sales;
- Supporting and collaborating across European markets including the UK, Germany and Italy
- Creation and implementation of strategic sales and marketing plans
- Development of operational budgets for the sales division in line with business goals
- Undertake competitor analysis and identify potential customers
- Grow and maintain key customer relationships maximising on sales opportunities and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Drive and generate new sales leads and contracts
- Follow up and develop new business opportunities through new market identification and ongoing market evaluation
- Preparation of budgets and sales forecasting
- Arrange and attend new and existing client meetings
- Professionally represent the company and ensure products and services are presented clearly
- Adhering to customer requirements, produce and deliver detailed proposals and presentations
- Attend relevant marketing and networking events to actively generate leads including conferences, seminars, shows and exhibitions
- Follow up on all sales enquiries professionally and in a timely manner
- Achieve agreed sales targets
Skills and experience required of the Head of Sales;
- Previous sales experience within the automotive, aerospace, manufacturing or composite industries
- Ability to build long-standing business relationships and work across teams and departments
- Proven ability to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Possess the ability to be an influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Project management and planning across multiple projects
- Confident, professional and credible
- Fast, proactive, alive to new opportunities
- Able to work to tight deadlines, under pressure and critical decision-making
- Full UK driving licence.
To discuss the Head of Sales opportunity in further detail, please apply with the latest copy of your CV.