About Liaison Group
Founded over 30 years ago, we are a well-established and trusted health economy partner, saving millions for reinvestment in health and social care through our Workforce, Financial and Care businesses.
We have a workforce of more than 250 people with a headquarters located in the historic city of Worcester, a technical and marketing team in Derby, along with many remote workers across the length and breadth of the UK.
The team consists of a group of specialist marketers, to include a Chief Marketing Officer, Marketing Director, two Business Marketing Managers, Communications Manager, Events Manager and a Digital Executive.
Incidentally we are also recruiting two other new positions including a permanent Marketing Administrator and an interim Marketing Executive for this growing team.
Marketing is primarily a remote team with a presence in our creative, open plan Derby office, which is where this position will be based. Meeting regularly to plan and review marketing activity across the Group, the team is friendly with a strong drive for results.
The Communications Manager is responsible for the development of a range of internal and external communications activities to raise the profile of Liaison Group to prospects, influencers and clients and improve staff engagement.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent writing skills and will lead on PR and media relations, website content and social media strategy, ensuring a consistent brand message and tone of voice across online and offline channels.
Duties will include:
- Developing and delivering a broad, integrated communications plan reaching client, prospects, influencers, potential and current employees.
- Continuously develop, manage and execute a social media and website content strategy, working with the Marketing Managers and Events Manager to identify opportunities and work with them to generate valuable and accurate content.
- Identifying the stories from the market and business, from news stories and service developments through to thought leadership, turning this into content that can be deployed across all our owned channels social media, website and blogs.
- Supporting the wider Marketing team in developing videos, press releases, brochures, award entries, infographics, blogs and social posts.
- Managing and developing the corporate tone of voice across all communications (internal and external).
- Monitoring external social content related to the NHS and other relevant markets, to ensure we have a voice in appropriate conversations.
- Working with our internal business teams to improve their social presence and leverage influence to give them a voice of authority in a competitive market.
- Working with our Marketing Managers to identify and develop powerful campaign themes, thought leadership activity and content for external audiences.
- Working with our HR team to develop and communicate internal news, successes, staff surveys, reward schemes, and lead on our new internal communications portal.
- Leading on internal brand engagement and train colleagues on applying our brand guidelines and tone of voice to their communications and documents.
- Working with Liaison Amani trustees to promote and share the company's charitable and fundraising activities.
Experience and qualifications required
- Demonstrable experience in a broad communications role essential, with a good degree of experience at management level.
- Experience of line managing, coaching and developing a team.
- Knowledge of the NHS/healthcare sector preferred.
- B2B/professional services environment experience preferred.
- Experience in producing engaging website content for B2B audiences, including measuring and reporting.
- Experience in devising and implementing an effective B2B social media strategy, including measuring and reporting.
- Experience with social listening tools and HubSpot or similar marketing automation platform is desirable.
- Used to working in a fast-paced, challenging professional environment, juggling competing priorities.
- An outstanding communicator with strong presentation skills, copywriting skills and the ability to build internal and external relationships at all levels.
- A creative thinker with a keen interest in developing new ways to deliver our messages.
- A proven ability to undertake background research to produce documents, briefing papers, reports, white papers and presentations, including independent analysis and discussion.
- Excellent influencing skills in order to be credible and to secure the right levels of involvement of senior stakeholders across projects.
- Proactive self-starter, able to work effectively as part of a team as well as being motivated to deliver projects without direct supervision.
- Highly organised and pragmatic with a willingness to roll-up their sleeves and do what's needed to get the job done.
- Degree or equivalent in Media, Communications, Journalism or similar subject.
- CIPR or CIM qualification preferred but not essential.
You must also be happy to travel to other areas of the UK for internal and external meetings.
Benefits of working at Liaison Group
We believe that working life should be a happy and healthy one.
We offer all staff a wide variety of company benefits as well as the opportunity to get involved in a range of company organised events - from regular physical challenges to bi-annual staff away days and social events.
Our wide range of staff benefits aim to have an impact on both home and working life for all staff, while at Liaison Group.
- 23 days holiday initially, which increases annually up to 28 days
- Private healthcare for you and friends and family
- Tax free childcare
- Contributory pension
- Life assurance of 4 x salary
- Company days/social events
- Free fruit in our offices
- Bonus when you introduce a new colleague to Liaison Group.