Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant
Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant - West Midland / Brmingham
Overview: To case manage clients to a successful and timely outcome by providing holistic assessments, reports, and action plans with innovative solutions to potential work barriers. The role will involve liaison with a variety of 3rd party stakeholders, customers, and clients to support individuals with health conditions or disabilities to remain at or return to work.
Responsibilities: - To provide vocational rehabilitation case management and retention/return to work support to clients.
- To conduct interviews and assessments / specialist assessments to determine the support needs of the client, compiling reports and recommendations to determine the most appropriate occupational direction for clients.
- To develop and implement retention/return to work action plans obtaining support where required from colleagues, partner organisations and external service providers.
- To provide timely updates of the required case management systems and databases in relation to service level agreements, activities, progress and outcomes within appropriate timescales.
- To deliver a quality outcome by providing advice and guidance to the referrer and stakeholders such as employers, HR, solicitors, insurance and rehabilitation providers, ensuring that all services delivered adhere to set professional standards and are delivered within contractual requirements and service level agreements.
- The interviews and assessments conducted to include the implementation of reasonable adjustments, redeployment within the same company, sourcing of alternative employment, or signposting to other relevant support functions such as key skills training or external service providers.
- To deliver the most cost effective and appropriate support package.
- To maintain correct procedures relating to client consent, collection, storage and sharing of data. To ensure the appropriate company systems are maintained ? psHealth and CRM.
- To actively maximize the opportunity for repeat / additional business through promotion / recommendation of Remploy VR products and services.
- To research and maintain an awareness of VR / employment / health / welfare related issues, trends and news, and to establish and maintain appropriate and effective relationships and knowledge within both the consultants local geographic area and nationally.
- To meet and exceed personal case load targets for referrals and case closure as set by the Vocational Rehabilitation Services Manager / Section Head.
- To deliver any other objectives and targets as set by the Vocational Rehabilitation Services Manager / Section Head.
- To support regular reporting of activity against plans as set by the Vocational Rehabilitation Services Manager / Section Head.
Qualifications: - Hold or be eligible for membership of the Vocational Rehabilitation Association; have an excellent understanding of Employment Law, the DDA, Health & Safety legislation and requirements, and experience of conducting diagnostic interviews.
- Strong understanding skills / qualifications or experience of the development and implementation of return to work strategies, vocational rehabilitation and support mechanisms.
- Have skills / qualifications or experience of understanding and providing support to people with a wide range of disabilities.
- Evidence of continuous professional development to ensure the delivery of most recent and up to date / researched vocational rehabilitation services and support, to the correct quality standard.
- Experience of working to targets and time deadlines.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders, particularly employers, to arrange Return to Work plans and facilitate safe and sustainable reintegration to the workplace.
Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt to a wide range of communication and learning styles.
- Strong interpersonal skills, specifically around listening, questioning, building relationships, motivation and demonstrating initiative.
- Influencing skills that promote commitment and action to improve teamwork with all parties involved.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to produce clear, accurate reports, statistics & documentation.
- Customer and outcome focused and solutions based approach.
- Planning, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Computer skills ? good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- To have the ability to travel independently as required. The post will involve extensive travel and may
require overnight stays.