Our customer a pioneering training business based on the Saxon Business Park in Stoke Prior Bromsgrove are currently recruiting for a Finance Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious candidate looking to grow and develop within a forward thinking business who are continuing to grow in 2019.
As a Finance Manager you will report directly into the Finance and Data Director whilst managing an Accounts Assistant.
Day to day duties will include but are not limited to,
- Monitoring day-to-day financial operations, maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the finance systems, adhering to financial processes, policies and procedures and ensuring bank balances required in each company are sufficient to cover payments and expenditure.
- Manage the purchase ledger including processing of supplier invoices and supplier payment runs. Effectively dealing with any queries or issues which arise, resolving them where possible or escalating if required.
- Manage the sales ledger including processing of customer invoices, leading on credit control to monitor, identify and resolution of queries with customer overdue accounts, escalating if required.
- Being responsible for the payroll process, accuracy of accounting entries, reconciling balance sheet control accounts and identifying and resolving any variances. Ensure the relevant submissions are completed within designated deadlines for PAYE, NIC and Pension contributions.
- Supporting the period end processes and procedures and the production of monthly reporting, including budget and forecast variance analysis.
- Actively contribute to the budgeting and forecasting processes, supporting the Finance Director where needed.
- Supporting with the VAT reconciliation process and submissions to HMRC ensuring the company meets its liabilities within the designated deadlines.
- Supporting with ongoing review and forecasting of cashflow, identifying risks and opportunities, ensuring the company has sufficient operating working capital.
- Handling any queries and liaising with both customers and suppliers in a polite and professional manner
- Managing petty cash and company credit card accounts
- Managing employee expenses, ensuring compliance in line with company policies and resolving queries timely
- Providing support to the finance team with period end tasks, duties and any other ad-hoc requests
- Line management responsibility for Accounts Assistant, providing supervision, monthly review meetings, oversight and support with workload, time management and prioritisation
Candidates ideally will come from an Assistant Accountant/ Finance / Finance Manager back ground and have achieved AAT Level 4. Our customer offer excellent growth opportunities and will support ongoing learning and development.
Hours of work : 0 Monday to Friday (Flexi time available ie if you start at 0730 the finish time would be 1630)
Salary GBP23-GBP25,000 Per annum reviewed after probation
SourceCo work in partnership with businesses across the UK who operate within Manufacturing, Logistics, Commercial and Further Education sectors. We provide temporary, permanent and contract opportunities engaging with talented candidates looking to make their next career move.