Are you looking to broaden your horizon and expand your knowledge of the building industry? Do you want to join a reputable company where you are given the opportunity to grow?
One of the UK's top 5 housing developers is looking to expand its Design team at their busy Birmingham office, covering their West Midlands operating area.
The following benefits on offer:
* Salary of GBP30,000 - GBP40,000 per annum
* Bonus scheme
* Company Car
* Pension contribution
* Fantastic holiday allowance and many more perks as expected of a company this size
As the Technical Co-ordinator you will be working on a variety of sites, solving unique problems. Reporting to the Technical Manager or the Design Manager, to co-ordinate external design consultants, obtaining building control approvals, discharging planning conditions, ensuring mains services are procured, providing Construction Issue drawings for site starts.
You will be expected to:
* Obtain Technical Drawings and approvals to enable efficient site starts
* Minimise risk through provision of timely and high quality information
* Brief, manage and drive the external consultants in the preparation and issue of production information to an agreed programme, fee and scope
* Prepare the Design Programme and present it at Progression Meetings
* Ensure all statutory enquiries, sewer connections and other section agreements are submitted and pursued for their timely return
* Oversee the NHBC/Building Regulations applications to approval
* Ensure that working drawings are in accordance with the approved Planning Scheme, and ensure discharge of planning conditions. To monitor and control all production information in close liaison with the Development Estimator to ensure tight cost controls are kept and information produced in line with budget estimates
* Monitor and control the Professional Fees budget and update fee reports on monthly basis
* Oversee preparation of Brochure Plans, Conveyance Plans and Sales Area drawings
* Attend site progress meetings and carry out site inspection
* Attend meetings at various stages of projects (Land/Technical hand-over, Project Meeting, Optimisation, Progression, Technical/Sales, Budget Meetings, etc.)
* Liaise and coordinate other parties, both internal and external
* Attend Subcontractor interviews
* Respond to site queries and resolve Technical/Construction problems
* Issue drawings and information for construction purposes
At least two years experience in Civil Engineering would be beneficial and design experience is required.
If you are interested, speak to Terry Jeffs at Conrad Consulting on or email for more information.