Technical Sales Development Executive
Sales Development Executive (technical)
Do you have:
Previous field sales experience?
Knowledge of Commercial vehicles, pneumatics or electronics (desirable)?
The drive to become a key player in a successful specialist company
From a foundation of long established customers you’ll need to develop Sales of our specialised Type Approved Truck & Trailer electronic safety equipment, selling to large fleets, Truck body builders and CV Parts distributors.
Mostly field based you’ll be working alongside our innovative engineering team and supported by internal marketing staff, you’ll be ensuring that our customers are well informed on all products and given the highest level of customer service, while developing new areas and pathways to sales.
The Ideal Candidate will:-
Have at least 2 years experience within an Automotive or Industrial field sales environment with a Technical/Industrial background
A full UK driving license
Have a good understanding of Heavy Commercial Vehicles, Trailers and Associated Equipment
Be competent across Microsoft packages, specifically Excel and Outlook & CRM
Have good interpersonal skills and strong negotiation skills
Have the ability to work on own initiative
About The Company
Doctor Air Brake has over its 40 years built up a good reputation for delivering solutions and equipment that meet customer expectations and in addition to our UK & Europe sales, we have a depot in Sydney Australia an office in Dubai and distribute all over the world. We design and manufacture all our equipment and are quality approved by VCA, MIRA & ISO9001. We pride ourselves on being innovative and have ongoing collaboration agreements with local Universities with constant investment in R & D.
Excellent basic & commission system to offer experience matched OTE
30 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays
Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution
Flexible vehicle and use benefits.
• Manage and report monthly on a sales ‘pipeline’ of prospects and customers
• Follow up sales leads by telephone, email, and with personal visits
• Attend / work on the company’s stand at exhibitions and conferences as required
• Agree sales targets with line manager, and work to meet these targets
• Liaise closely with the existing aftermarket field sales team, so as to avoid duplication of effort and/or upsetting the existing very strong aftermarket distribution network.
• Telephone prospecting – mainly using the company’s existing database of fleet contacts
• Maintain, on the company’s CRM database, an accurate and up-to-date record of all interactions with prospects and customers
• Learn and thoroughly understand the products and services offered by the company, and keep fully up to date in this respect.