Technical Sales Engineer
Job title: Technical Sales Engineer
Salary: Competitive + OTE
Benefits: 33 days holiday, Flexible working, Private medical cover, defined contribution pension scheme
Lucideon is a leading international materials development and commercialisation organisation.
Through our offices and laboratories in the US, UK and the Far East, Lucideon provides materials and assurance expertise to clients in a wide range of sectors, including healthcare, construction, ceramics, additive manufacturing, energy and power engineering.
Our company aims to improve the competitive advantage and profitability of our clients by providing them with the expertise, accurate results and objective, innovative thinking that they need to optimise their materials, products, processes, systems and businesses.
The day-to-day duties
The purpose of the Technical Sales Engineer is to grow the UK Structures business in line with Lucideon's business plans through acquisition of new customers and development of existing clients.
The role will involve significant personal prospecting and extensive travel to client locations, representing highly technical services. The incumbent will have an excellent knowledge of the construction sector, ideally through prior experience of work in or selling similar services into this area.
- To target and successfully penetrate new Structures clients throughout the UK, focusing on selling services commensurate with Lucideon's business plan and target markets
- To develop revenue and margin in existing Structures clients throughout the UK, using highly developed account management and networking techniques to map key stakeholders in an organisation and then selling appropriate services
- To be highly visible in the marketplace, averaging a minimum of 6 valuable face to face client interactions per week
- To work closely with Marketing, Operations, Product Management and Sales colleagues to share best practice knowledge on the Structures marketplace and fully understand Lucideon's value proposition to it
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
- Bachelor's degree level in a technical field relevant to the target industry (for example Civil or Structural Engineering or associated Engineering degree), or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of experience of working within the Construction or Structures sector; either in a relevant technical role or selling services equivalent to Lucideon's proposition
- Proven ability to influence at all levels
- The role is based in our head-office in Stoke-on-Trent and the incumbent is expected to travel extensively within the UK
What the company will offer:
- Revenue driven commission, 10%-35% of base salary
- A company car
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Private medical cover
- Defined contribution pension scheme, where we will match the employee contribution up to 5%
If you wish to apply for the position of Technical Sales Engineer within the Sales Department in Lucideon, please click apply to submit your application