Assistant Driller/General Site Labourer
Job Title: General Site Labourer / Assistant Driller
Your duties will be mainly related to carrying out general site labourer duties such as digging clearing vegetation and obstructions, carrying materials etc. You will also be acting as a trainee driller assisting our lead drillers in carrying out cable percussion, rotary and window sampling boreholes. You may from time to time be required to assist in our laboratory carrying out geotechnical soil testing. You may be required to carry out water and gas monitoring of installation. Training will be provided for all the above.
You may from time to time be required to work on site anywhere in the UK or abroad. Furthermore, you may be required to spend periods of time on secondment with other organisations with whom we liaise closely either on site or in a soils laboratory.
Job descriptions are indicative. All staff are expected to be flexible and take on additional duties where necessary to enable the organisation to achieve its objectives. The company is committed to developing all staff and will endeavour to offer opportunities to take on new responsibilities to enable staff to broaden their skills.
Line and functional responsibility to your immediate supervisor which is going to be the trial pitting foreman and lead driller. The Project Manager has the overall responsibility for the site and the laboratory Manager has the overall responsibility for the laboratory.
During periods of secondment you will be required to work under the supervision and instruction of the site manager of the organisation to whom you are seconded.
- KEY TASKS
Key tasks are but are not limited to:
- Digging trial pits and collecting soil samples
- Breaking out concrete and other obstructions
- Housekeeping, maintaining site in a clean and tidy condition
- Assisting Lead Drillers with cable percussive boring and window sampling.
- Delivery / collection of materials / equipment to sites.
- Assisting with mobilisation / demobilisation of sites.
- Carry out gas and water monitoring as required.
- Assist in laboratory as required.
The duties described in this job description must be carried out in a manner that promotes equality of opportunity and is consistent with Equal Opportunities Policy.
Take reasonable care for the Health & Safety of yourself and others, read understand and adhere to the Health & Safety Policy of the company
Ensure Compliance with the Company's Quality Assurance Management system.
- QUALIFICATIONS /QUALITIES REQUIRED
- Sound understanding of the English Language
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Capable of understanding health and safety issues and the risks posed by different activities
- Basic experience in using hand held electrical equipment such as drills and breakers
- Basic experience in working in building sites
- Ability to understand the operation of machinery and plant