Warehouse Operations Manager
We are seeking an experienced ambitious self-motivated Warehouse Operations Manager to play a vital and pivotal role in ensuring the development & growth of our new warehouse to ensure the UK Operation runs smoothly & efficiently within a Global Company operating within the mobile device Industry
As a Warehouse Operations Managers you would have the responsibility for efficiently managing our new distribution warehouse in Stoke-on-Trent so as a company it runs to its maximum production and to deliver superior service and cost effective operation.
Applicants must have operated at Operations Management level and be experienced in developing an operation and associated policies and procedures within the Mobile phone industry who have knowledge of Mobile phone industry & have had some exposure to Global Markets
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the Warehouse despatch operation including End User, B2B, Retail and bulk international and national deliveries
- The overall coordination of warehouse operations and shift leaders with the overall goal of achieving the Departmental SLA's.
- Ensuring that site standards are maintained regarding health and safety and housekeeping promoting a program of 5s and internal best practice.
- To Create, deliver and achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) through the effective use of resources, equipment and information.
Key indicators relate to cost per unit, productivity, accuracy, absence and individual departmental KPI's.
- To identify areas of improvement or risk and to provide solutions to ensure continuous improvement across all areas of the business with specific contributions to cost, service and accuracy.
- Identifying key members of the team for further development, matching people, skills and opportunities to promote succession planning
- Ensuring that individual performance is maintained at a high level through effective leadership, motivation and personal example.
- Ensuring all documentation, reports and statistics are completed and, where required, communicated in an accurate and timely manner
Key Performance Indicators
- To ensure that the team is fully briefed in order to achieve daily targets
- Achievement of team productivity and / or output targets as determined and communicated by the management team
- Maintenance of team attendance levels in line with company targets
- Achievement of annual budgetary targets as determined and communicated by the management team.
Key Skills & Behaviours
- A professional, self-motivated and confident approach towards work
- Sound operational knowledge & knowledge of managing client supplier relationships
- Customer focused
- A strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- A good awareness of Health & Safety practices and procedures
- Excellent organisational, planning and communication skills to meet strict customer deadlines
- A team focused individual working alongside other first line managers
- Promotes and displays open and honest two-way communication
- Develops a multi-skilled and flexible team
- Basic financial awareness
- Ability to both grasp and devise new concepts
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Responds effectively to unforeseen problems
- Accommodates and manages changes in plans or schedules, even if last minute
Knowledge, Skill & Experience
- Excellent understanding of warehouse Operations & supplier management / distribution principles and procedures and the proven ability to apply these
- Very high standard of literacy and numeracy
- Previous experience within a Warehouse Management role (3 years plus desirable)