Learning Support Assistants - Nuneaton
Aspire People are currently recruiting for experienced and committed Learning Support Assistants who are interested in a role supporting vulnerable young people within their Education.
The position will require supporting young individuals, 16-25 years old, with Special Educational Needs, Learning Disabilities, Challenging Behaviour and/or Mental Health difficulties.
- Supporting young adults through their timetable, providing support 1:1
- Supporting in and around the campus, to and from lessons and during breaks
- Supporting with curriculum needs, dependant on individual timetable both practical and theory
- Supporting with personal care (if required)
- Promoting independence
- Previous Learning Support Assistant, Learning Support experience working with children or young adults 6 months minimum is essential
- Have an understanding of learning difficulties, challenging behaviour, mental health and how these can affect an individual's education and day-to-day additional needs
- Committed, consistent and reliable
- Hold a full enhanced Adults and Children's DBS, or be willing to complete one
Job Type: Full-time timetables, during term time only
Monday - Friday, between the hours of 09.00am - 16:00pm
Immediate starts required
If you feel this job role is right for you and you can commit to the full academic year, please apply today by sending your CV
Job Type: Contract
Aspire People Limited provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. Aspire People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.