Traffic and Customs Coordinator
A Traffic and Customs Coordinator is required on a contract basis to join an industry leading engineering and manufacturing business.
Are you experienced in coordinating HMRC issues such as Customs, Imports and Exports documentation? Do you have the capabilities to be successful in a fast paced team? If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity, then this is the job for you!
- Interact with internal business partners regarding the flow of goods into the UK and resolve any discrepancies and compliance issues which may arise.
Administration & Velocity
- Issuance of import instructions to freight forwarders/ customs brokers in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate records for audit and trade compliance purposes: maintenance of daily imports documentation and register.
- Issuance of customer country of origin certificates.
- Review customs entries completed by brokers to ensure compliance.
- Remediate discrepancies to ensure the correct duty and VAT is paid to HMRC.
- Coordinate with freight forwarders daily and resolve any operational issues.
- Assist in the facilitation of communication between the facility and customs/ HMRC for entry discrepancies and remediation.
- Maintenance of internal customs compliance metrics and freight forwarder KPI's.
- Ensure duty savings are obtained for applicable Free Trade Agreement programmes.
Who are the key stakeholders for the role?
- Freight forwarders/ customs brokers
- Internal business partners - Material Planning, Purchasing.
- Integrity & trust
- Attention to detail/ data accuracy
- Priority setting
- Customer focus
- Building inclusive relationships
- Dealing with uncertainty
- Problem solving
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- IT literate - Excel skills a strong advantage
- Planning and organising skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Flexible approach with strong problem-solving skills
- Good team player
- Customer Focused
- Experience of working with a large organisation and the complexity this brings
- Experience of working within an organisation that buy/sell large volumes worldwide
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Understanding of incoterms
- Previous experience of working within an imports/export role
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.