Pensions and Benefits Administration Team Leader
An opportunity has arisen for a HR Team Leader to lead the Pensions & Benefits Administration Team within an established shared service operation. This is a new role within the team, which will give the post holder a great opportunity to make a real difference to the organisation.
This role will manage a team of 3, who support the administration processes for all pension schemes used by the organisation; namely Defined Contribution schemes, Local Government Pension Schemes and NHS Pensions. In addition, all benefits administration for Fleet, Private Medical Insurance, Employee Cash Plans etc will be undertaken within the team.
This is a highly visible and responsible role delivering a comprehensive service that meets the needs of a dynamic and demanding client group whilst also coordinating the day to day workload of the team.
- Ensure that pension scheme administration is completed in a timely manner to meet scheme requirements - this includes starter and leaver notifications, as well as any reporting requirements
- Support requests for flexible / early retirements by liaising directly with the pension funds
- Support pension scheme re-enrolment activities, and any associated communications activities
- Develop and enhance the team knowledge on pension schemes
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders e.g. Group Pensions Team, Fleet, Finance.
- Maintain employee benefits information
- Regularly cleanse and audit employee benefits data ensuring that the HR system is up to date with employee eligibility and actual benefit take up
- Support the annual benefit renewals and ensure that data is accurate
- Administer holiday purchase schemes for the organisation
- Management of maternity, paternity and shared parental leave
- Management of any long service awards or retirement gifts
- Issue any communications to employees following legislation updates
- Any other administration support relating to Pensions and Benefits are required.
- Act as a subject matter expert within project teams where required
- Work with other internal departments to regularly check that processes are working as they should be
- Identify process improvements and follow these through the completion
- Running WebEx's to highlight available benefits and encourage take up within the business
- Undertake administrative support to the HR function where required
- Ensure all hard and soft copy personnel records are maintained and secure, complying with obligations under the Data Protection Act.
- Supporting the wider HR Team with administrative tasks
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Experience of managing pension administration processes for local government pension schemes or NHS pensions on a large scale
- Experience of re-enrolment activities and requirements
- Ability to lead a team to achieve results and process improvements
- Strong data and excel skills
- Follows through to ensure that quality and productivity standards are met.
- Action orientation - Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
- Resilience - Maintains effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure. Remains calm, stable and in control of themselves.
- Oral communication - Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups.
- Written communication - Writes in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader.
- Accurate keyboard skills and data entry experience (benchmark of 6000 key depressions and 95% quality on data inputting screening test).
- HR experience, and a basic understanding of HR policy and procedures (highly desirable but not essential).
- An understanding of HR systems would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and Maths.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Well organised, with ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a team and to work on own initiative.
- Cooperative and willing to assist others.
- Strong understanding and respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to use computer applications, e-mail, MFD (Multi Functional Device) and telephone.
?? Experience of administrating employee benefits is desirable, including annual renewal processes