Graduate I.T Support Technician - Oldbury
SF Recruitment are currently looking for a skilled multi-site I.T Technician.
ICT Technicians are an important part of the clients team. Their role is to assist the Network Manager with the expansion and maintenance of the ICT systems in the use of teaching and learning and administration. They will assist with the day to day support and usage of the ICT infrastructure on site. For this role you will be based in Oldbury and be required to travel between an additional 2 sites in Walsall.
It is essential that the client is at the forefront of efficient and effective systems which contribute to each sites vision of raising achievement through Information and Communications Technology.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist in maintaining the network, systems and computers
o Provide support for the network infrastructure
o Monitor computer systems, including anti-virus and e-safety
o Install software, perform tests on computer equipment and software
o Repairs and ordering parts
o To assist in producing and updating department documentation including the asset database
o Ensuring the smooth running of the network and the department in the absence of the Network Manager
o Ensure that printers are in a working order, stocked with paper and toner.
- To provide support for all users
o To assist in administering user accounts
o To provide support for software and hardware across our cluster of academies in the Trust, using remote software and academy site visits
o Diagnose computer problems
o Support staff and pupils to use computers, software and create 'help' guides.
- Develop and maintain the academy website and social media presence
o Have knowledge of image, video compression or conversion
o Have awareness of the copyright law.
- To setup and support the use of the audio-visual systems
o assist in the setup and maintenance of the audio-visual equipment for assemblies, exams and events (occasionally working out-of-hours may be required)
o support the interactive screens, whiteboard, projector and audio systems within the classrooms.
- Other Duties
o Sharing of good practice with ICT colleagues across the Trust
o Carry out general clerical duties, for example, compiling reports and documents as needed.
o An awareness of policies, procedures and e-safety in relation to the position held
o Ensure that the Data Protection Act/GDPR is complied with.
The job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required.
The jobholder will be expected to carry out such professional tasks as are commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the post.
The job description will be reviewed regularly to ensure that it relates to the role being performed and to incorporate reasonable changes that have occurred over time or are being proposed. This review will be carried out in consultation with the post-holder before any changes are implemented.
Education and training
- Good basic level of education including good level of Literacy and Numeracy
- Ideally possess a recognised ICT qualification, however, will consider qualified by experience
Knowledge and experience
- Practical experience in a support function, preferably within a multi-discipline office/school/academy environment
- Practical experience in supporting network operating systems, equipment, cabling and infrastructure products and in providing technical advice and guidance to users of networked computers and peripherals.
- An understanding of LAN, WAN and Internet topologies, protocols and technical background in desktop computers and peripherals.
- Understanding of academy environment and constraints would be beneficial
- Broad understanding of hardware and software, operating systems and basic computer programming
- ICT literate with excellent keyboard skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to be diplomatic yet firm when occasion demands
- Diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Ability to work within set time constraints and meet deadlines
- Good organisational and liaison skills. Have sensitivity to the different levels of expertise within academy.
- Familiarity with mobile devices and audio-visual equipment, internet applications and security may also be required
- Personal vision is aligned with the clients high aspirations and expectations of self and others
- Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every student
- Motivation to continually improve standards and achieve excellence above norms
- A willingness to undertake further training and professional development
- Demonstrates integrity
- Promotes and defends equal opportunities
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
- This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barred Service check