Global Commodity Specialist
Job Title: Global Commodity Specialist
Location: Gaydon Warwickshire
Rate: GBP39.00Ph Ltd Co Basis
Employment Type: Contract - initiallyapprox 6 Months
Reporting to the Global Commodity Leader you will have Global responsibility for specific commodities on behalf of our client.
You will utilise your experience to analyse, define, and implement market and sourcing strategies for your designated commodities.
You will lead the Global sourcing activity through the Global Sourcing Process (GSP) up to contract award (SCPA).
Both Global Strategy and Sourcing activity will be supported by the Regional Delivery teams for your commodities, utilising regional market intelligence and expertise.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strategic Commodity Dossier/Commodity Business Plan delivery and coverage
- New model cost target achievement at sourcing (Pre SCPA)
- Net Cost Reporting targets and strategic should-cost Gap Closure Plan targets (Post SCPA)
- Supplier performance management GSP performance metrics
- An individual with the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
- Responsible for Strategic Commodity Dossier (SCD) and Commodity Business Plan (CBP) delivery, ensuring relevant data is updated and understood in order to make strategic recommendations
- Responsible for creation, delivery and execution of SCD and CBP to specific sourcing requirements including supplier selection and sourcing approach in line with client sourcing guidelines e.g. Achilles Registration and Supplier Risk Assessment Deliver sourcing in line with policy and to agreed targets through GSP and deploying TCO/TVO approach
- Responsible for timely and accurate GSAD submission, Purchasing deliverables and GSP process adherence for the Strategic team
- Lead supplier negotiations and contracting with the support of the Regional teams including legal and financial approval pre SCPA, also engaging specialist teams where appropriate e.g. Global Purchasing Finance (GPF)
- Work with the Capacity Planning Team (CPT) to ensure sufficient capacity at nomination and manage strategic capacity changes and constraints
- Ensure robust cost model development and input to cost target setting process, supporting cost event outcomes (pre SCPA) driving programme target alignment
- Ensure key cost Management information is accurate and documented (e.g. CDTS pre contract award)
- Key Purchasing representative at Module Business Teams (MBT) to ensure cross-functional alignment on quality, cost, delivery and time requirements pre SCPA Lead stakeholder alignment in relation to; programme targets, red book, take rates and volumes, delivery buying teams and utilising specialists as required cross architecture, carlines
- Ensure alignment with Regional Buyer & Cost Engineering to ensure strategic cost gap closure plans in place and actioned
- Ensure delivery of material cost (NCR) to target pre and post SCPA working closely with the Regional Delivery teams
- Working with the Regional Delivery Teams, lead the development of the supplier relationships globally for your designated commodities
- Participate in Supplier Business Reviews to develop supplier relationships in accordance with the supplier segmentation model
- Ensure supplier briefing templates are kept up-to-date to enable senior stakeholder briefings
- Act as central co-ordination to ensure appropriate information exchange from and to all regional buyers
- Ensure effective handover for regional team(s) post SCPA using defined handover process
- Ensure compliance to the client Way and KWS processes driving system compliance throughout the supply chain by maintaining the Purchasing systems to ensure data integrity and therefore system performance Manage Supplier, and Supply Chain Risk Management for assigned commodities post SCPA, ensuring the supply chain operates in accordance with client (or equivalent), customer and governmental regulations
- Participate in Global functional improvement projects, process improvements and activities as required
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested