Senior Import Multimodal Operations Clerk
Title: Senior Import Multimodal Operations Clerk
Reports to: Operations Manager
Ashby de la Zouch or Tamworth,
but will be required to travel between sites to cover holidays/sicknesses etc.
To manage the import requirements of clients, according to customers' requirements and ensuring HMRC procedures are adhered to.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
To transmit entries to HMRC as outlined in the HMRC tariff. This includes maintaining knowledge of all expects of the Customs Tariff and ensuring the companies copy of the Tariff is updated with amendments as appropriate.
To liaise directly with clients regarding shipment requirements and to be knowledgeable of the differences of modes of transport and terms of trading and to be able to offer advice and quotations of services on which method best suits the client's requirements. To arrange shipments with overseas agents/airlines/shipping lines etc., as per client's requests. To Monitor shipments and advise clients of any delays / anomalies.
To maintain and share with colleagues as appropriate, personal knowledge of all relevant import law and procedures, tariffs and duties; licences and restrictions.
Liaise with other departments in order to establish and maintain effective import/export activities, and support in relation to the organisation's sales, purchasing and overall operating functions.
- Strong understanding of tariff classifications and BTI's
- Previous experience with CCS-UK / CNS / Destin8
- Strong understanding of Deferment accounts and ability to advise/assist clients to set up their own DAN.
- Strong understanding of Incoterms and ability to advise clients on the best incoterms which suit their requirements if requested.
- Must be able to work with a high deal of accuracy
- Must be able to work in a team
- Previous experience with ASM Sequoia & Boxtop
- Previous experience with Bonded Warehouse
- Good understanding of EXCEL
- GCSE Grades A-C English, Maths & Geography
- 3+ years of multimodal operational environment.
- 37.5hours per week
Negotiable depending on experience