My client is currently recruiting for a Credit Controller for their Worcester based head office. The role is permanent and the successful candidate will come from a phone based role and be looking to extend their career within a growing company that promotes internally.
The Credit Controller is responsible for calls, emails and letters to debtors and all aspects of debt collection for Service Charge and Ground Rent arrears for all the properties managed by Mainstay. Should it be required, the Credit Controller also manages the referral and monitoring of any legal action resulting from the debt.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
* Dealing with all aspects pertinent to long leasehold and freehold properties.
* To recover all unpaid Service Charge and Ground Rent charges and maximise cash collection.
* Debt Collection - Block Management
o Ensure that service charge and ground rent arrears are collected in a timely manner.
o Telephone and email contact with leaseholders and issuing arrears letters in accordance with company policies.
o Ensuring accuracy of debtor information, establishing correct debtor by use of land registry checks etc. in line with company policy. Using all available tools & information to conduct further investigation if required
* Ensuring that all legal referrals are made in a timely manner and in accordance with company policies and Client requirements.
o To ensure that communication is maintained with legal co-ordination team to enable the process to be as efficient as possible. Page 2 of 2 Credit Card Payments Processing of credit / debit card payments.
* Reporting Ensuring that information provided to the necessary team(s) in a timely, efficient & appropriate manner to ensure the most efficient collection of debt for Mainstay. Query Resolution
* Ensuring that all queries from all sources are adequately answered, quickly and efficiently in accordance with internal guidelines.
* Pro-actively managing accounts that have been suppressed and placed on hold.
* To carry out such other tasks as the credit manager or credit control supervisor may from time to time reasonably require.
* Development of client accounting procedures and systems to ensure continual improvement. Personal Qualities & Skills
* Well developed administration and organisational skills
* Strong numeracy skills
* Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
* Well developed oral and written communication skills
* Enthusiastic team player
* Strong customer focus and able to produce work of a consistently high quality
Key Responsibilities ? Credit Control - Maximising Cash Receipts and Revenue
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.