Assistant Facilities Manager
Assistant Facilities Manager - Mon-Fri 08:00-16:30
Responsible for the day-to-day delivery of diverse FM services hard and soft (M&E and fabric services and maintenance, cleaning, security, waste, manned guarding etc.) for an Interserve customer site, together with the co-ordination of environmental, health and safety and emergency/disaster planning policies and procedures.
- Leading, coaching and developing the team, ensuring that sufficient internal/external training is provided.
- Developing best practice for FM services on site to drive service and quality improvements across a contract.
- Postal duties
- Provide visitor/contractor management
- Carry out regular site audits e.g. KPI, QHSE etc.
- Ensure a robust incident management plan is in place and tested regularly.
- Own and assist in a variety of projects received from the business.
- Ensure all project work is completed within the required timescales.
- Liaise with the small works team on revenue and capital projects.
- Coordinate and implement all equipment and premises related moves for the site.
- Responsible for managing and reporting on budgets and resources.
- Responsible for the co-ordination of all planned and reactive services.
- Detailed planning and co-ordination of work with internal stakeholders and supply chain.
- Support of incidental works and other new works programmes.
- Ensure information held on integrated management system (IMS) is accurate and timely.
- Manage helpdesk reactive work and on-call service.
- Overseeing the delivery of services by directly employed staff and supply chain ensuring adequate resources are available to meet established, programmed and reactive services.
- Ensure that only those appropriately qualified or experienced staff carry out services allocated to them efficiently, safely and to standard.
- Development of positive working relationships with outsourced service providers.
- Ensure all services are delivered in support of overall sustainability objectives and agenda.
- Management of budget to ensure works are completed to time and cost.
- Collate performance data across all services which can be readily processed and analysed to realise real-time performance.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, Health & Safety, Quality Assurance & Environment.
What we are looking for
- Proven ability to motivate and lead a multi-skilled team in the support of Facilities Management, involving hard and soft services, and management of operational incidents.
- Demonstrable experience of budget management and control of small revenue works.
- Extensive experience of project management dealing with sub-contractors and supply chain within a complex multi faceted operation.
- Team management skills including communication, prioritisation, planning likely to have been obtained over several years.
- Business continuity and incident management in technology driven environments.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations.
- Highly results-orientated with demonstrable success, achieving and exceeding challenging targets both personally and through others.
- Experience of operating in a complex, commercial, multi-divisional organisation.
- Understands and applies commercial and financial principles - views issues in terms of costs, profits, markets and added value.
- Influences, convinces or impresses in a way that result in acceptance, agreement or behaviour change.
- Ability to act calmly and give clear instructions in an emergency.
- Engaging communicator demonstrating influencing skills and an ability to adapt approaches to differing audiences.
- Solutions oriented, providing explanations and proposed resolutions to problems rather than purely identifying problems.
- Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
- Well organised, with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage competing demands
- Strategic thinker, creative and flexible - ability to present concepts in a simple clear way.
- Strong understanding and respect for confidentiality.
- Demonstrable knowledge of operating computer aided facilities management software packages (i.e. Maximo or similar).
- Proficient IT skills including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, and comfortable with numerical reasoning.