Electronic Note Taker - Wolverhampton
University Specialist Note Taker Required
Are you a graduate who prides yourself in your high academic standards, have a typing speed of 60 words a minute or more, are a lap top owner, enjoy learning and the university environment and have a desire to help others succeed and achieve their full potential?
Cosmic People are a DSA-QAG (Disabled Student Allowance-Quality Audit Group) accredited provider of NMH support to students with disabilities in higher education. We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a specialist note taker supporting students who are visually and/or hearing impaired by taking notes electronically during lectures. As a graduate, you will have a good understanding of the university environment and be able to capture the important points of the lecture.
Cosmic People are an 'Investors in People' accredited company, who pride ourselves in providing excellent NMH (Non-Medical Helper) support to students with disabilities in Higher Education.
About the role:
As a specialist note taker you will be based on an exciting and vibrant university campus attending lectures on a variety of subjects, producing accurate and detailed lecture notes for students. The role is long term, is term time only and provides regular weekly hours.
This role will suit someone looking for either part time or full-time work during term time and we require a minimum of two full day's availability per week.
The role will start at the beginning of the next academic year; the end of September or beginning of October 2019, dependant on the university.
- Educated to degree level
- Lap top owner
- Live in close proximity to a university
- Fast and accurate typist with a speed of 60wpm plus
- Have excellent communication, time management and organisational skills
- A good knowledge of the English to include spelling and grammar
- Be able to work flexibly to support student's needs
- Be reliable, punctual and resilient
- Be able to recognise and capture the main points of a lecture and type simultaneously whilst listening to the speaker
- Maintain professional boundaries and respect confidentiality and data protection requirements
- Be hard-working, capable and confident and able to work on your own initiative
- Have excellent interpersonal skills; empathy, diplomacy and sensitivity
- Have a genuine desire to make a difference and help others
Training and on-going support are provided: Cosmic People are a CPD accredited company and you will have the opportunity to achieve CPD accreditation in a variety of training areas relevant to your role. A minimum of 4 hours CPD training is a requirement of the role and you will receive a nationally recognised CPD certificate.
The salary is GBP11.00 per hour PAYE
Term time and flexible.
We look forward to hearing from you!
'realise your potential'
DSA-QAG accredited providers of NMH support