Manufacturing Support Specialist
As one of the world's leading specialised medical diagnostic companies, Binding Site provides an ideal environment to meet a wide range of career aspirations. Leading the way in delivering innovation to the market our employees meet some of the industry's biggest challenges and opportunities head on. Our support of industry research and development ensures you can have the opportunity to drive innovation and improve patient lives worldwide.
Working at Binding Site means being part of a global community, encompassing a wide range of skills and knowledge. Our diverse workforce enables us to deliver new and innovative solutions to the market with shared ideas and a collective dedication to our mission, vision and values.
We have 3 new exciting opportunity within the Manufacturing Support Department for a Specialist working to improve and develop protein procedures within Manufacturing. The successful candidate will be involved with improving procedures relating to antibody/protein reagents and analytical systems for our portfolio and pipeline products. The main responsibilities will include:
Knowledge and Skills
• Providing technical support to manufacturing departments.
• Improving antibody purification and analysis methods.
• Developing new antibody specificity assessment protocols and establishing acceptance criteria.
• Designing and implementing experimental ideas with appropriate controls.
• Assessing new materials and laboratory equipment and providing feedback on their suitability for use.
• Developing technical expertise in a broad spectrum of disciplines including (but not limited to): protein/antibody purification and analysis, automated preparative and analytical systems and immunoassays (multiple formats).
• Generating clear and accurate experimental records and present findings in project and departmental meetings.
• Degree in Biochemistry or related discipline.
• Master's degree or experience in a scientific / technical role.
• Experience in protein purification, use of ??KTA systems and Unicorn software.
• Experience in protein characterisation techniques (e.g. SDS-PAGE, western blotting, etc.).
• Knowledge of protein chemistry and immunology.
• Ability to perform scientific calculations, including molar and unit conversions, reaction kinetics, purity assessments and statistical analyses.
• A passion for biochemical/analytical sciences with a desire to work in a dynamic environment.
• Previous industrial experience in healthcare or medical diagnostics sector.
• PhD in a relevant discipline.
• Extensive experience in protein purification techniques.
• Knowledge of analytical and biophysical techniques
• Experience of using DOE.