SEMH, Autism and Challenging Behaviour Teaching Assistants-Rugby
GSL Education are currently working with a fantastic SEN Secondary School in Rugby.
The school caters for children and young people with SEMH, Autism and Challenging Behaviour.Roles for HLTAs and Teaching Assistants available.
All roles are FULL-TIME and WILL BECOME PERMANENT FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the class teacher with planning , monitoring and delivering creative lessons
- Acting as a positive role model and managing behaviour
- Providing 1:1 and small group Maths, English, Science and behaviour interventions.
- Ensuring a safe learning environment and approaching education with a child centred approach.
- Support pupils to make good academic progress, under the direction of the teacher
- Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence
- Under the direction of a teacher implement group or 1:1 interventions to support pupils who have emotional or social barriers to learning
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
- Understand Individual Education Plans & Behaviour Support Plans and assist to implement these, under the guidance of the teacher
The ideal candidate will have:
- A hard-working, energetic and flexible nature
- Clear communication skills
- A calm, understanding and consistent approach to working with children
- Knowledge of Autism, SEMH, ADHD and Challenging Behaviour.
- Ideally Team Teach trained.
Experienced TAs/LSAs, support workers, security/ children's secure provision practitioners , ex prison service officers, as well as sports coaches will be considered for this role.
The school are looking to trial candidates immediately.
For further information on this role/school, please do not hesitate to contact Gugs at Gsl Education.