Sales Account Manager - Industrial Chemicals - Inks / Coatings / Resin
Our Client is a speciality chemical distributor. They are now seeking a Sales Account Manager - Industrial Chemicals (Coatings / Adhesives / Sealants / Elastomers / Plastics)
This position will be home based with regular travel throughout the Midlands and the West of the UK. Candidates will ideally live in the Midlands or along the M4 Corridor. This role sits within the Industrial Division and reports to the UK & Ireland Sales Manager.
- The primary function of the Sales Account Manager (Midlands & West UK) is to maximise sales, increase the customer base and develop new markets in the Midlands and West of the UK.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated enough to manage their own workflow and to manage a portfolio of accounts and tasks
External Sales & Business Development Activity
- Promote and sell the complete range of Chemical products and services to both existing and new customers via customer visits, email & telephone as appropriate, travelling as and when required within the territory, to head office and occasionally abroad
- Take full responsibility for own accounts, acting as a key point of contact between the company and its customers by answering technical and commercial enquiries
- Develop and nurture opportunities for the product range within the territory, including introducing new products or Principals
- Confidently and proactively contact customers to provide technical / commercial information and convert to profitable sales
- Handle multiple enquiries and follow-ups simultaneously, with differing timescales and resolutions
- Plan and execute as required: sales visits, product presentations, maintaining accurate records, attending trade exhibitions, conferences, sales meetings and training
Internal Sales & Business Development Activity
- Collaborating with the UK & Ireland Sales Manager and Business Development function, establish and implement sales plans for your territory
- Negotiate sales pricing in consultation with line manager and Commercial Manager
- Maintain Customer Relationship Management database
- Prepare reports, presentations, forecasts and figures for internal and external use
- Support Marketing activities, e.g. support the organisation of seminars, webinars etc.
- Undertake professional development training when appropriate
Qualifications and Experience
Cultural fit for this role is essential; this is a small team where ideas and proactivity are required from every member. We are looking for a can-do salesperson who is happy to get stuck in to get the job done, whether the task falls into sales, marketing, technical or business development.
The successful candidate will have:
- BSc in Chemistry or Materials Science (or similar)
- Experience of working within a technical environment, ideally with Inks, Coatings, Resins, Paints Epoxies and Polyurethanes
- Experience in delivering sales growth in chemical markets
- Comprehensive business acumen and commercial experience
- Friendly, efficient customer service attitude both face to face and via the phone
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable and confident when presenting to customers and colleagues
- The ability to listen and interpret customer needs
- Forward-thinking & proactive attitude to problem solving
- A social person who enjoys their job
- Situated within the Midlands/West of UK.
- Fluent in English, in both verbal and written communication
- Highly proficient at Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Have a full UK driving licence
In return, our Client is offering a salary of GBP50,000 - GBP55,000 (negotiable dependent on experience) per annum basic plus car, bonus and benefits.
To apply for the above position, please send your C.V to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd.