Telesales / Internal Sales - Express Parcels / Courier
Telesales / Internal Sales New Role
To develop new business leads for our clients International and UK Express Parcels services from new clients through telephone canvassing.
Permanent, full-time position at our clients Tamworth office, working 09.00 - 17.00 Monday to Friday and reporting to the Sales Manager.
* Sourcing and scheduling calls to prospective courier customers.
* Telephone introductions of what / who our client are and what services we can offer.
* Preparation of customer's courier quotations & tariff proposals
* Daily activity / pipeline data input into Salesforce.
* Encourage potential customers to accept a visit from outside sales.
* Analyse database for opportunities for new business.
* Working with sales management team on specific sector target campaigns.
* General administration including weekly/monthly branch Sales Meetings.
* Ensure all customer accounts are set up correctly and maintain their settings.
* Proactive problem solving when issues arise.
2-year solid sales experience, preferably in courier telephone-based selling required.
Relevant experience within the Courier & Air/Sea Freight Industry would be an advantage but not necessary.
* Not afraid of cold calling customer over the phone.
* A positive attitude and an appreciation of professional selling.
* Be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
* Good verbal, written communication and listening skills.
* Have a polite, friendly and persuasive telephone manner.
* Enjoy working in a target-driven team environment.
* Be self-motivated with drive and initiative.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills.
GBP24,000 to GBP28,000 Basic Salary
GBP10,000 Bonus paid quarterly
22 days holiday