Are you looking for a route into teaching but not sure where to start?
If teaching is the career path you want to take but you aren't sure where to start then I can help. Working as a Cover Supervisor in local secondary schools can give you valuable experience and build your confidence before you apply for your teacher training.
I have worked with the schools in Coventry & Warwickshire for 10 years, I live in the area myself so I have local knowledge of the schools you can work in.
A cover supervisor who worked with Aspire last year said ' cover supervisor work was a fantastic chance to work in the local schools and gain experience before I did my PGCE. Aspire are very supportive and found me work to work around my other commitments'.
I get a lot of work for cover supervisors in my schools and there will be full time positions available in September as well. If you do well in the schools I place you in then they will continue to offer you work and keep you as busy as you want.
Please have a look at the job role below. This is a basic outline of the job but when we meet up to register you with Aspire we can discuss this is far more detail.
- A Cover Supervisor is likely to be used for short-term absences of a teacher.
- Supervising work that has been set and ensuring work is completed.
- Managing the behaviour of pupils
- Dealing with immediate problems or emergencies according to school policies
- Provide additional support in classrooms
- Help out in other duties when needed such as lunch time, registrations, detentions and reception.
- Hours are from 8.30 - 3.30
- We can be as flexible as possible so that your work can fit in with other commitments.
This is the position for you to get into teaching. Please send your CV and I will be in touch for a chat.
Aspire People Limited provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. Aspire People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.