Library Assistant maternity cover - Broadway Academy
Library Assistant required at Broadway Academy, Birmingham.
18.25 hrs per week term time only (Half day Wed and all day Thur, Frid)
Actual salary GBP7897 per annum
Are you passionate about assisting in the provision of an excellent library support service to pupils? Do you have the ability to help pupils in order to achieve their full potential?
We are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic and successful Library Assistant keen to develop their career at Broadway Academy.
Broadway Academy is a high performing academy in north Birmingham. The academy benefits from state of the art facilities throughout, having moved into our new building in 2011.
* To assist the Library Manager and other senior staff in the provision of an effective and efficient lending service.
* To assist in the acquisition, organisation, promotion and maintenance of book and non-book resources.
* To contribute to curriculum development through informal liaison with individual teachers.
* To ensure a high standard of display and promotional materials to provide an attractive environment conductive to achieving optimum use of the facilities.
* To provide guidance and assistance to pupils and teachers.
Join us and grow
You will benefit from working within a school which encourages staff and students to be aspirational. Staff development is a priority and staff are empowered to continue their own learning. Alongside external training opportunities, the academy has eveloped an accelerated leadership programme linked to NPQML and NPQSL and offers a range of induction and CPD programmes.
We believe in the potential of every student and we are on an exciting journey to outstanding. If you are keen to work in a successful and growing academy which encourages staff to aim high in their own careers, this could be a great opportunity for you.
Find out more by coming to have a look around. Visits to the school are encouraged.
To arrange a visit, seek more information and to request a full application pack, please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education:
Please also see our recruitment site: jobs/broadway-academy
Closing date: 20 October 2019
Broadway Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.