An enthusiastic, and self-motivated person is required for a key role at Morgan Motor Company Limited.
THE COMPANY: Located in Malvern, West Midlands, Morgan Motor Company Limited is an innovative British sport car manufacturer; they have operated in a niche automotive sector since their launch in 1909.
PURPOSE OF JOB : To purchase production parts to agreed targets for price, quality and delivery, achieved through supplier development.
- To purchase components as specified within a given area in a professional manner.
- To ensure targets for price, quality and delivery are met.
- Ensure production build is not compromised.
- Ensure stock levels are kept at required maximum or minimum.
- Work with suppliers to improve cost, delivery and quality.
- Assist with supplier appraisal.
- Support, and communicate fully with the Supply Chain Department, and other relevant departments with regard to quality and supply problems which may affect production.
- Maintain and develop supplier relationships.
- Enter parts orders onto computer system, checking price, delivery etc.
- New product research.
- New supplier research.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice problems.
- Prepare and raise order schedules.
- Price control, cross checking, negotiating on new and existing parts.
- Stock taking.
- Represent the department at internal meetings.
- Flexibility is inherent to the role and it is expected that assistance with all duties in the department may be required from time to time.
Essential pre-job knowledge/skills/training/experience
- Minimum of 3 years purchasing experience in relevant area.
- Previous experience of a manufacturing environment.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel minimum) with good keyboard skills.
- Good communication/negotiating skills.
- Team player.
Desirable pre-job knowledge/skills/training/experience
- Degree or HND/HNC
- Overseas purchasing experience.
- CIPS membership or studying towards.
- Previous experience of MRP systems.
Terms & Benefits
- 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Salary GBP28k gross pa
- 33 days holiday per year
- Pension scheme (5% contribution from Morgan)
- Contributory Private Medical Insurance (BUPA)
- Subsidised workwear
- Cycle2work scheme
- Childcare voucher Scheme
- Enhanced Paternity, Maternity and Sick pay benefits