Head of Compliance and Enforcement
Becoming a Head of Compliance and Enforcement with Central Government Services
Location: Fort Dunlop, Birmingham
From July 2014, Capita have commenced enforcement activities on behalf of the Pensions Regulator including administering compliance notices and, where non-compliance persists, fixed penalty notices. Most notices will be issued automatically and the team will handle customer contracts regarding compliance with the notices. More complex enforcement activity such as investigations and compliance and enforcement policies remain under the control of the Regulator.
The Head of Compliance and Enforcement has responsibility for direct line management responsibilities of specific team members and engagement with senior client stakeholders. The role holder will be responsible for leading a professional, effective and efficient operation to deliver a high quality Compliance and Enforcement service for the Pensions Regulator.
This role will be working closely with the cross-functional Capita Automatic Enrolment team, The Pensions Regulator and Capita internal delivery partners.
What you'll be doing:
- Accountability for ensuring delivery of the Enforcement Service in line with the Contract, which includes monitoring and controlling the services delivered, ensuring service requirements are delivered in line with the Operational Control Framework (OCF), performance targets are met and volumes are forecasted and tracked.
- Making enforcement decisions involving sanctions, such as financial penalties.
- Handling complaints and appeals, for example those managed internally or external appeals made to an Ombudsman or Tribunal.
- Leading on engagement with the client's Business Owner and ensuring risk and issues are swiftly escalated, and providing regular performance reports ensuring the operation is joined up across the other business functions.
- Lead on Compliance and Enforcement issues at key client and Capita boards and senior level meetings.
- To provide effective and engaging leadership of the Compliance and Enforcement Team, centred around the Capita values and focused on delivering great service to the client.
- Motivating and inspiring the team to perform to a high standard, and undertaking staff performance evaluations and skills analysis.
What we're looking for:
- Managing an Enforcement team and their decision making, ensuring the team follows processes, procedures and policies in a professional and consistent way.
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent Leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experienced in delivering presentations to internal and external customers
- Driven, autonomous and capable of working within a matrix managed structure
- Confident working within a client environment and working with senior managers
- Seeks to improve their work environment through collaboration with team members, managers and clients
- Comfortable working in a complex and dynamic environment
About Central Government Services
Working as a trusted service provider and business partner to many central government departments and agencies since the 1980s, we continue to provide specialist advice and experience as well as innovative, efficient and cost-effective solutions.
We offer flexible and bespoke service delivery arrangements to meet the challenges involved in transforming public services to secure specific policy outcomes within budget. We also look to design solutions in ways that meet government's wider policy objectives such as increasing transparency, digital service access, opportunities for SMEs, workforce skills and economic growth.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave???and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.