Manufacturing / Cost Management Accountant contractor/ temporary
Manufacturing / Cost Management Accountant (contractor/ temporary) | Herefordshire | GBP40,000 per annum fixed term contract 3 months
My client are successfully operating in their FMCG industry and have been for over 20 years. They are also successfully designing and manufacturing systems to many of the best suppliers in the world.
Full review of stock processes & recording:
- Stock valuation, verify the integrity of the stock value held on the Statement of Financial position.
- Review current costing method paying particular attention to the allocation of production labour, evaluate, recommend & implement new method.
- Review & reorganise the recording of stock values in the GL, implement a clear split between raw products, WIP and finished goods in order to clearly track movement between each categories.
- Implement monthly stock reconciliation to General ledger.
Full review of P&L integrity:
- Review classification of COS & operating expenses
- Review Classification of sales
- Verify integrity of gross margin calculations
- Develop monthly profit & loss report for the attention of Evolution &HGUK senior management.
- Development of KPI reporting.
- Review of historic processes, recommendation & implementation of more effective processes.
- Support the MD throughout the 2020 Budget process, historic analysis of trends & make recommendations.
- Training of the person who will look after the role ongoing.
- Educate Non- Financial Personnel to help improve Purchase ledger postings.
- Manufacturing experience essential (min 2 years)
- Self starter