German Credit Controller
My client, a European Head office based in Worcester, are currently recruiting a fluent German speaker to work within the credit control team. The successful candidate will have an Accounts background and be looking for a large company to expand their career.
This role encourages career progression for the right candidate who is looking for a step into management.
- The European credit control department has a set target. To achieve this, proactively manage the collection of overdue Italian and UK balances by telephone, by email, through negotiation of repayment plans, and, by exception, visiting significant customers to enhance the financial relationship and resolve problem areas.
- Liaise with, and obtain assistance from, key account managers, operations, despatch, CSR and SBU associates to identify and resolve problems relating to late payment from customers.
- Where required, initiate legal proceedings and compile required documentation necessary to bring outstanding debts to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Post cash to AR ledger accounts within 24 hours of receipt in bank. Actively chase customers for remittance advice to accurately allocate the cash received.
- Daily review of blocked order list. Manage the release of blocked orders either through co-ordinating the clearance of payment issues through the customer escalation process, liaising with CSRs to understand outstanding queries, etc.
- Manage the process for using portals as a communication mechanism as required by the customer.
- Set and monitor credit limits obtaining external customer information as appropriate. Ensure monthly statements are sent to customers, and ad hoc statements as required.
- Process month end transactions in relation to the AR ledger
- Good attention to detail, and ability to work to deadlines and under time pressure
- Fluency in business Italian essential and a knowledge of other European languages highly desirable.
- Ability to work in a team and individually
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and knowledge of SAP business system.
- Excellent communication skills and numeracy are essential
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.