Interim Finance Consultant
My client are a fast-growing Private Equity-backed business operating in multi-site healthcare who are looking to engage the support of a seasoned finance consultant for a period of 6 months.
Having completed 45 acquisitions in the past 28 months - the business expect to complete a further 20+ before the end of the financial year as it continues its very ambitious "buy and build" growth strategy.
Reporting to the Group CFO the successfully appointed Interim will head up a 10-strong finance team for the next 6 months whilst the client make a permanent appointment at FD level.
To be engaged on this assignment you must be a fully-qualified accountant (ideally ACA) with extensive experience of leading a finance team in a busy multi-site business. Appropriate experience in a healthcare environment or private equity backed environment would be an advantage.
Current run rate turnover of this business is GBP38m, EBITDA GBP6m; rising to GBP60m and GBP13m in the short term -so experience of operating in a similar size business on an aggressive growth trajectory would be beneficial.
- Must be a fully-qualified accountant (ideally ACA) with extensive experience of leading a finance team in a busy multi-site business;
- Demonstrable experience of building and developing teams and improving the quality and timeliness of financial reporting;
- Demonstrable experience of leading profit performance improvement, largely through cost reduction and control;
- Track record in implementing new financial systems and processes;
- Appropriate experience in a healthcare environment or private equity backed environment would be an advantage;
- Personal qualities must include enthusiasm, adaptability, tenacity, self-starter and an absolute commitment to achieve objectives and meet deadlines in a demanding environment;
- It is vital that the Finance Consultant has a direct positive impact on bottom line and doesn't merely report performance.
Day to day:
- Fundamental responsibilities are timely financial reporting, financial performance improvement, treasury management, process and control improvement and back office integration of acquisitions;
- Ensuring timely and accurate production of monthly Management Accounts and Financial KPI's, analysing and reporting on performance on a site and consolidated basis;
- Providing detailed analysis and benchmarking of P&L performance and driving improvement through the operations team, identifying revenue enhancement and cost reduction opportunities;
- Build financial controls and processes to ensure the security of assets and maximise profit performance;
- Implementation of improved financial systems and processes;
- Timely integration of newly acquired businesses back office functions (e.g. purchase ledger, payroll etc) and the implementation of standard controls and information flows across the group;
- Development and management of annual Budget and regular re-forecasts;
- Reporting to strict timetable to Private Equity investors of weekly/monthly MI as required;
- Production of annual Financial Statements and tax returns, liaising closely with the auditors;
For further information please get in touch with Sam Alsop-Hall, Managing Director for Healthcare at ResourceBank without delay - interviews will take place before the end of October.