We are currently working with a well-established and forward-thinking client looking for a Production Supervisor to join one of their sites located just outside Stratford-upon-Avon. This is a pivotal role that requires an experienced supervisor who is accustomed to a fast-paced environment from industries such as FMCG, Manufacturing or Automotive.
This is an extremely important role that will be responsible for a team of production line leaders and warehouse team leaders, ensuring that all operational and warehouse activities are completed accurately, concisely and to the required standards of quality, legality and safety.
A key part of this Production Supervisor role is to coordinate the activities of the warehouse, ensuring continuity of supply and timely order output. The role requires the effective management of staff including the organisation of people, materials, labels, operational throughput and packaging.
- Responsibility for the supervision and ongoing operational performance of a team of warehouse staff including support staff
- To ensure that all information and systems required for the accuracy and ongoing effectiveness of the Prophet data input system is managed correctly and to the required standards
- To work within a delivery, production and output schedule
- To analyse the ongoing performance of the operation and staff ensuring high levels of performance and output
- To schedule orders effectively, maximizing efficiencies and operational throughput
- Ensure the ongoing accuracy and effectiveness of all paperwork and electronic traceability systems
- To monitor the performance of equipment ensuring that any malfunction or breakdown is reported and remedied
- To ensure the ongoing accuracy of all customer specific data including label management and product identification
- Ensure effective housekeeping and safety standards are maintained
- Cross train and develop staff, provide support and ensure that team members are instructed and supervised effectively
- Support and manage KPIs and training for all staff under your authority
- Supervisor management of the team to include time and attendance, staff registers, holiday, discipline and return to work interviews
- Liaise with all operational and service departments to ensure that stock is maintained at the correct levels and is available
- Responsible for the O.T.I.F out load to all of our customers
- Ensure that total stock traceability is maintained throughout the intake and dispatch of all stock using the ERP electronic data capture system
- Ensuring load plans, temperature checks, and maximum pallet utilisation is undertaken and paperwork is filed and passed onto the relevant departments.
- Responsible for providing support data for input into detailed reports highlighting all activity undertaken, line performance, costings and labour
Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to national QCF level 3 in an academic or relevant vocational qualification
- Previous experience within a warehouse environment in a supervisory capacity is essential
- Experience of the prophet data input system is essential including data input, reconciliation and reports
- Computer literate to a high standard with particular requirements for MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Fluent English - Both written & verbal. Additional languages to a verbal standard would be beneficial