A Project Manager is required on a contract basis to join an industry leading engineering and manufacturing business.
Are you experienced in New Product Introduction Projects? Do you have the capabilities to be successful in a fast paced team? If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity, then this is the job for you!
Lead the execution of Business Unit focused NPI projects; establish project management plan and use plan to manage service and product delivery; plan and manage resources for implementing changes; assist in evaluating requests.
- Manages large NPI projects to ensure they are on time, within budget, and aligned with the product strategy.
- Assists in prioritizing NPI projects based on enterprise impact and objectives.
- Assembles the business case for project requests.
- Identifies training needs for NPI team members and initiates NPI-related development opportunities. Provides mentoring for the team.
- Builds relationships with other departments, industry associations and outside organizations. Assists in marketing the NPI process to customers.
- Identifies cost containment opportunities. Identifies trends and areas of focus for continuous improvement.
- The position supervises or manages a work unit of primarily management and/or salaried employees where planning, scheduling, monitoring and reviewing work of subordinates is required. The position is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates.
- Typical internal customers include employees from two or more work groups in a Division. The position's primary customers are internal. The position is challenged to quickly and correctly identify problems, which may not be obvious. The incumbent solves problems by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions. The incumbent is free to determine the best way to complete job assignments in order to achieve desired results. Except for the most complex or high impact situations, work is reviewed after completion. Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Cost Savings, Process Quality, etc. The position monitors and reports on key quality measures for the measure(s) stated.
The position requires thorough knowledge of company products, product applications or merchandising programs. The position typically requires a college or university degree or equivalent experience. In addition, six to nine years of job-related experience are typically required. The ability to demonstrate initiative and work with diverse groups to reach consensus is required. Communication skills are critical as incumbent initiates communication with others outside immediate work group to work on new ideas or to counsel others, etc. The ability to listen to others is important to the job. Strong analytical and problem solving skills are essential as well as project management efficiency.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.