Management Accounts Analyst
ReAssure are looking to recruit a Management Accounts Analyst on a 6 month contract to join our team within the Finance function in Telford. This vacancy represents an opportunity to work with one of Telford's largest employers, within an ever changing environment, working as part of a dynamic team.
In this role as Management Accounts Analyst, you will be working as part of the management accounts production team to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Assistant Management Accountant with the production of accurate and timely management accounts.
- Journal preparation and posting to the general ledger including reconciliation of P&L and BS accounts
- Communicate finance policies and procedures to non-financial stakeholders.
- Ensure departmental operating procedures and controls are documented and adhered to, in particular in compliance with the business's governance standards and risk and compliance policies
- Balance Sheet reconciliation (accruals, prepayments, income, provisions etc)
- investigate and highlight key discrepancies, providing rectification and implementation plans
- Review and improve existing processes and procedures to ensure best practice
- Ensuring appropriate accounting policies have been adhered to satisfy internal and external audit.
- Trend and variance analysis by cost type
Key skills/experience required:
- Analytical financial management skills
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent stakeholder Management
- Communicates effectively at all levels
- Understands the commercial environment
- Challenges where appropriate
- Ability to work very well in a team or independently
- Strong Excel & Powerpoint skills
- At least 5 years' experience in a finance department, and a qualified (or in training) member of a CCAB body or equivalent qualification (or relevant experience).
Originally founded in 1963, ReAssure is a life and pensions company which buys and administers closed books of business from other companies. Built on a 2,000 strong team with a wide range of skills and experience, there's one constant running through the ReAssure business - 'Change'. Join us and you'll have opportunity to drive our growth and progress through your own success.
ReAssure is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills; and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age