3-6 Month contract
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Industrial Engineer on an initial 3-6-month contract basis with a well-established manufacturing organisation based in the Birmingham area.
The Industrial Engineer is required to do the following;
- Actively reduce waste in all its forms by championing lean manufacturing techniques and value engineering.
- To analyse the present method of doing a job systematically in order to develop a new and better method
- To increase the productivity by ensuring the best possible use of resources and to achieve best quality products at the minimum possible cost.
- Ensuring the smooth introduction of product improvements, on time with the minimum of disruption.
- Work closely with teams site wide, to understand the production processes current state and desired state.
- Conduct observation and analysis of personnel and work procedures to determine time and motion requirements of job duties.
- Analyse work study data and equipment specifications to establish time and production standards.
- Apply mathematical analysis to determine validity and reliability of sampling and work study statistics.
- Support the development of the capacity planning model utilising the standards developed.
- Document and correct potential safety and ergonomic issues observed during the time study process.
- Evaluate work procedure proposals and develop recommendations for management which could affect work procedures and budget decisions.
- Assisting in the development of manufacturing best practice (benchmarking) productivity ideas and tools ensuring that these are incorporated into the programme.
- Driving continuous improvement by establishing a specific course of action, and appropriately manage time and tasks,
The Industrial Engineer is required to have the following;
- A degree in Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineer (or similar)
- Manufacturing/operations background
- MTM time Study trained, with industrial experience
- Training in CI tools such as Load levelling, Ishikawa, PPS, Man Machine Cycle Analysis, SMED etc
- An ability to work with others / lead a team and influence the design and process to optimise productivity
- Ability to work in a fast moving/changing environment