Culture & Talent HR Manager
About Our client
Our client is a non-profit voluntary, expanding, social enterprise, currently employing 25 people. They provide supported living and supported housing services for vulnerable people who have experienced social exclusion, disadvantages or homelessness. The Culture & Talent HR Manager role is key to ensuring their organisation maintains its strong brand reputation and embraces best practice and highest standards of service. As part of the team, you will contribute to maintaining our clients Level A accreditation in Quality Assessment Framework (QAF), which is denoted for "excellence and leaders in their field", in national performance standards.
About the Role
The Manager will take responsibility for end-to-end HR duties, practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented high-performance culture. Confident in being the sole HR Manager, the role will contribute to the company's strategic plans as well as act as a talent expert. This job holder will work closely with the Director and Strategic Management Team (SMT) focusing on:
- Organizational development and culture
- Recruitment and selection
- Training, learning and development
- Remuneration, benefits and rewards
- Employee engagement and relations
- HR compliance and regulation
- Talent frameworks and performance management
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that HR related quality management systems are in place whilst populating and ensuring the system and personnel files are kept up to date.
- Help the team to make data and insights driven decisions.
- To understand company HR requirements and create the corporate HR strategy.
- Design and implement the company's talent frameworks, policies, procedures, tools and resources for talent planning, performance management and employee development.
- Entire end-to-end recruitment, onboarding and off-boarding.
- Develop and manage the Training Academy to deliver training programmes.
- Create and implement talent, capability and performance tools and processes.
- To design and create the Pay Scale Framework to facilitate a self-managed salary increase, professional development and career progression programme.
- Responsible for salary reviews, bonuses and rewards packages to ensure that they are fair in accordance to market comparison indicators and benchmarking.
- Manage employee relations and employee engagement including employee surveys and organising company quarterly meetings.
- Organise company social and teambuilding events.
- To design and create periodic accommodation and/or company newsletters to be sent to all relevant internal and external stakeholders to improve stakeholder engagement and strengthen relationships.
- To ensure employee handbook, recruitment handbook, HR policies, procedures, tools and templates are kept updated and in line with legislation.
Qualifications and Skills
- CIPD or related qualification
- University degree
- 4+ years HR experience at management level
- Knowledge of employment law
- Experience in using HR Information Management systems and Learning Management Systems
- Experience in designing and writing HR policies, procedures, offers and contracts of employment
- Studious, meticulous and strong attention to detail
- High standard of written documentation with sound business writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and consulting skills, working effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Confidence to deal with and building trust employees at all levels
- Experience in handling complex employee relations issues
- A high degree of personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Qualities will include: truthfulness, trustworthiness, fairness, compassion, courtesy, entrepreneurial spirit and empathy
What we can offer you:
- A friendly, family and happy company culture!
- Flat and non-hierarchical corporate structure
- A company dedicated to digital transformation and lean management thinking
- Opportunity for career progression
- Starting with 22 and increasing to 25 days annual leave, plus public holidays
- Full ongoing professional training & development plan
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Pension scheme
- Free parking
- Free eye tests
- Casual dress code
- Paid sick leave
- Free breakfasts, healthy snacks and refreshments
- Social and team-building activities
- Generous maternity policy
Our client is a strong believer that as organisation is only as good as its people who are its greatest treasure!