Quality Assurance Engineer
Quality Assurance Engineer
A major client is looking to recruit a vastly experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to be based out of their site in Birmingham , with extensive travel!!!!
Quality Assurance Engineer Responsibilities:• Provides guidance and support on all mandatory quality deliverables from suppliers including Project Quality Plans (PQP) Inspection and Test plans (ITPs) and required documen
• Complete regular and scheduled supplier and site visits to conduct audits of the quality plans and appropriate standards.
• Aid the quality manager in developing the project specific Manufacturing Assurance Plans (MAP) and the Master Inspection and Test Plan (MITP)
• Liaise with the appropriate disciplines to review and highlight the necessary intervention points on the supplied ITPs both equipment and civil.
• Provide guidance and support on quality deviations including Non-Conformance reports, Request for Information RFIs provide feedback on the corrective actions implemented to prevent re-occurrence together with driving improvement using 8D.
• Where required and highlighted, attend manufacturing surveillance and compile report accordingly
• All defects/ snags highlighted and recorded during manufacturing or Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) have been closed before equipment is permitted to leave the factory.
• Intervene when the quality of work is at risk or has been compromised and escalate accordingly
• Provide the required training, support and guidance to the project team and supplier / contractors on all quality related activities involved while always promoting the Nuclear Safety Culture.
• Represent the quality department in site or supplier meetings or with the client.
• Cascade the appropriate documentation from suppliers to the site installation teams.
• Lead promote and support cost reduction through the supply chain with the focus always on quality.
• Promote a right first-time culture and understand key risk areas and highlight room for improvement
• Liaise with supply chain to audit new potential suppliers and offer recommendations and improvements where required.
• Together with suppliers install, maintain and strive to improve key performance indicators
• Liaise with suppliers and planning to help create and monitor manufacturing programmes report and investigate any deviation
• Promote a close working relationship with all departments and suppliers including procurement and engineering
• Ensuring that product conformance and the process controls within the supply chain and making sure the cascading of the business and the customer quality requirements is correct and adhered to.
• Lead investigation into root cause analysis and implement long term strategies that will address failures in the supply chain
• Ensure that End of Manufacturing Reports (EOMR) are completed and accurate...... click apply for full job details