Senior Town Planner
Wardell Armstrong is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy with 12 offices throughout the UK employing approximately 500 staff. At the heart of our business lies a group of outstanding people. Working together with clients, we deliver solutions to challenging problems in Property & Development, Infrastructure & Utilities and Mining & Minerals.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Town Planner within Wardell Armstrong Planning team in Stoke-on-Trent. You will join a tight-knit team within the Planning and Environment section at a company dealing with an impressive range of projects. Candidates should have a good track record working on a variety of planning projects including major infrastructure, waste and energy, minerals and strategic housing. You will have the opportunity to grow your experience and skills in working closely with other specialists and within a supportive team environment.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Chartered Town Planner with a good Town Planning degree or related
- Have a minimum 3 years of experience in public/private sector or both
- Have excellent analytical and written skills
- Have a strong team working ethic
- IT literate in Microsoft Office, Excel, and ideally some GIS experience
- Strong planning and organising skills
- As we work throughout the UK, a full driving licence is essential
Candidates must demonstrate a good level of technical competency, and quality of work, together with good analytical, communication, interpersonal, and writing skills. The role will require working on a number of projects, so a proven ability to manage your own time and workload within tight timescales, and ability to problem solve is critical.
As a Senior Town Planner your duties will include:
- Shaping and assessing the case for development projects, including: determining planning strategies;
- Preparing planning applications and appeals;
- Site appraisals;
- Development plan representations;
- Planning project management.
- Providing advice and guidance on planning and land use to a variety of clients
- Membership of the Firm's Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%;
- Payment of relevant professional subscriptions;
- 24 days annual leave per year;
- Membership to the Firm's Private Health Care Scheme currently provided by AVIVA;
- Inclusion in the Firm's Permanent Health Insurance Policy;
- Inclusion in the Firm's Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary;
- Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage;
- Flexi-Time Working Schedule;
- Long service awards;
- Childcare Vouchers;
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Travel Loans; and
- Recruitment Bounty Scheme.