European Sales Manager - Transportation and After Markets
5 days left
- Contract Type
My client, a blue chip and expanding organisation, based in Worcester are currently seeking a European Sales Manager for their Transportation business unit.
The Sales Manager will be required to work closely with the Sales director and will be responsible for the continued development and delivery of the business growth strategy for non transportation industries which include: Rail, Off-highway, Aerospace, Marine and Bus. In addition to direct line management of Key Account Managers, you will strengthen the focus on driving new project pipeline for profitable growth in these core markets.
This role will involve European travel and the successful candidate will ideally speak German
- Proactive relationship builder who has strong management/coaching experience and can leverage internal and external resources to drive outstanding results.
- To drive sales and margin growth in line with the company strategy and budget, though effective current account management and new business development.
- To drive additional growth where possible with existing customers through working collaboratively to secure new business opportunities.
- Through maintenance of an New Business Development pipeline, drive growth through acquisition of new customers.
- To manage the commercial element of new project developments with key aftermarket / distributor and dealership off-highway accounts.
- Participate in the development of the sales strategy and annual sales budget.
- Develop, agree and implement account development plans with all customers which, when executed well, should exceed the agreed monthly sales budgets in support of the annual sales budget.
- To negotiate and agree pricing, annual contact terms.
- Hold regular development and review meetings with key customers to review performance and future schedules.
- Attend trade shows, networking events and exhibitions
Education & Training
- Educated to degree level in Engineering or a technical subject
- Computer literacy important
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Previous sales experience in the off-highway aftermarket sector advantageous.
- Proven track record of effective sales growth and key account management.
- Good team player who can generate a professional rapport with customers, senior managers and the company as a whole.
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.