Senior Mortgage Underwriter
Job Title: Senior Mortgage Underwriter
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm or 10am - 6pm and one in five Saturdays 9am - 12pm
- 25 days holiday
- Non-contributory cover for Life Assurance of up to 3 times basic salary
- Performance related bonus of up to 20% of base salary
About our client
Our client delivers innovative residential and buy to let mortgages, bridging and second charge loans, which are available through a nationwide intermediary base. Their mission is to broaden the criteria for mortgage/loan approval to support home owning aspirations and buy to let entrepreneurialism.
Responsibilities for the position of Senior Mortgage Underwriter
As a Senior Mortgage Underwriter, you will be responsible for providing support and development to a team of Underwriters whilst ensuring the timely processing of mortgage applications within our clients lending policy.
You will provide expert advice and guidance to less experienced members of the team.
You will support the Underwriting Manager by focusing on the day to day operations within Mortgage Processing and provide cover within the Managers absence.
You will be required to hold a senior level mandate
Responsibilities and Experience required for the role Senior Mortgage Underwriter
- Experience of mentoring and developing less experienced team members
- Detailed understanding of the mortgage process from application to completion
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of the general principles of the law relating to mortgages
- Effective decision making and good problem-solving skills
- The ability to negotiate and liaise with brokers to ensure the correct level of risk pricing and quality of applications
- Must have previous mortgage underwriting experience and held a mandate
- Buy to let underwriting experience with a specialist lender is essential
For more information regarding the role of Senior Mortgage Underwriter please contact us.
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days.