A day in the life of a Project Manager
This is a varied role, there are many initiatives underway at any one time that involve people, process and system changes, these can range from smaller changes that require part time coordination to larger programmes of work.
The role will involve working closely with the business to understand requirements, assist with the production of business cases and then ongoing management of the project through to delivery and benefits realisation.
Project Manager - what we expect
- Actively manage issues, risks, dependencies that may impact on the delivery of projects
- Communication of plans, status to the PMO, business senior management and the project governance authorities (Business Sponsor, Project Board, Steering Committee etc.) as required
- Working within the PMO, maintain a pipeline of work and, working with the business, set appropriate expectations for project delivery
- With input from the business, be responsible for the preparation of business cases
- Set project budgets and be responsible for the management of spend against budget.
- Generate and track plans throughout the project and prepare status and project board reports
- Manage third party delivery teams to achieve delivery to time and budget.
- Support the PMO office in the development of the service and be an ambassador for the Change Management process.
- Strong organisational skills and a proven ability to manage projects from initiation through to implementation and support.
- Strong Project Management skills gained over many years, must demonstrate a good understanding of project management methods (e.g. Prince 2)
- Must be a strong leader and be prepared to matrix manage internal teams and 3rd parties
- Able to manage multiple projects and small change in a busy environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to understand the demands of senior management and set their expectations accordingly.
- Able to communicate technical solutions/issues to a non-technical audience
- Strong project control and governance skills
- Self-motivated with an excellent attention to detail
- A professional attitude to work, with the ability to motivate others to deliver to the best of their abilities
How we reward:
Your career with Euro Car Parts is only limited by your ambition and will to succeed.
For exceeding expectations in this fiercely competitive market we offer:
- A highly competitive salary
- Genuine career progression
- Holiday discounts with cashback
- Up to 40% discount for tickets to major family attractions and cinemas
- Up to 20% discount for various high street retailers
- Plus amazing deals and discounts for 3,000 gyms in the UK
Euro Car Parts Ltd is the largest automotive aftermarket specialist in the UK, with more than 12,000 employees and 350 branches nationwide, and one of the UK's biggest entrepreneurial success stories of recent times.
Founded in 1978 by Sukhpal Singh Ahluwalia, Euro Car Parts is now part of the LKQ Corporation, a Fortune 500 company and market leader in collision repair and recycled parts in North America and Europe. We supply essential aftermarket components and consumables for cars and LCV's. Each day, around 4,000 Euro Car Parts vans and bikes complete more than 82,000 customer deliveries to independent and franchised garages, body shops and fleet service centres across the UK and Ireland.
Euro Car Parts has grown to be much more than just a car parts company; we are now far greater than that. We recognise that our people are our most valuable asset because they make the difference between good and great.