Net Developer / Analyst Programmer
TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016; we're starting our new future together. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace. For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportation and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Global IT, Document Services team for a Analyst Programmer
Working Hours - Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
PURPOSE/SUMMARY OF ROLE
The purpose of the .Net Developer role is to perform analysis, definition, design, construction, testing, installation and modification of properly engineered information systems containing software as the major component, to meet agreed business needs. Additionally, the role is required to perform support activities and in some cases project management of pieces of work.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Takes technical responsibility for several stages of the life cycle for software development of simple and moderately complex systems covering: investigation, analysis, specification, design, construction, testing, implementation and maintenance.
- Undertakes all work in accordance with required technical and quality standards, selecting and using appropriate methods and tools in order to achieve well-engineered products which exhibit the necessary attributes such as fitness for purpose, reliability, efficiency, security, safety, maintainability and cost effectiveness.
- Documents all work using appropriate standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
- Arranges, prepares and takes part in client/user meetings and presents issues and solutions both orally and in writing.
- Prepares, or contributes to, project and quality plans taking account of the requirements for functionality versus the constraints of time, cost and quality.
- Prepares, or contributes to, cost benefit and risk analyses.
- Gives technical leadership to small teams, planning, estimating, controlling and reporting on work performed accurately and effectively in order to achieve targets.
- Works under broad direction. Has technical responsibility for work performed and decisions taken.
- Performs work which requires the application of a significant range of fundamental principles in a variety of contexts.
- Takes a structured and effective approach to own work and demonstrates leadership potential.
- Is able to analyse, diagnose, design, plan, execute and evaluate work to time, cost and quality targets, exhibiting thorough familiarity with available methods, procedures, tools, equipment and standards associated with own area of specialisation and making correct choices from alternatives.
- Is able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients, customers, colleagues and subordinates.
Main Skills and Experiences Required
- Strong knowledge of C# .net framework
- Experience with MS SQL (2012+), creation & execution of stored procedures
- Familiarity with using ASP.NET Web API to write RESTful APIs
- Experience working with MVC framework
- Knowledgeable within SOA (WFC, REST, microservice based design architecture)
- Development and deployment of code within Windows Services
- Proficient understanding of code repository & versioning tools, such as SVN, GIT
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience in creation of technical architecture documentation
- Self-motivated and keen to identify solutions to resolve technical problems
- An understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Working with Powershell, XML/XMLT, JSON.
- Experience of Cloud (AWS, Azure) and migration to cloud.
- Experience working with imaging capture or document management solutions