FixMyBrokenMac is Birminghams trusted and established alternative to the Apple Store. We repair and sell Apple equipment.
You would be based in our Digbeth store working along side the owner. We are open to the possibility of this role being part-time but with flexibility to work short periods full-time on occasions.
You don't have to be an Apple geek to work with us, but it would help. More important is a strong organisational mindset and an ability to manage multiple work stream to keep the store running efficiently.
1. Scope of responsibilities
The shop manager's key role is to ensure the smooth running of the day to day business. Ensuring the communication flows well within the business, updating engineer's priorities and managing supplies for the business are the essential elements of the shop manager role. Furthermore, the manager should organise the staff rota and represent the business professionally and be proactive in managing the repair process.
2. Specific Responsibilities
- Greet and assist customers
- Greet all customers in store or over the phone
- Actively listen to customer comments.
- Rapidly, professionally and accurately respond to customer emails.
- Advise customers of the repair process and manage expectations of when/how they will be contacted.
- Create record on CRM for new customers.
- Update details of conversations on CRM with existing customers.
- Repair process management
- Set repair priorities for the engineering team.
- Be proactive in contacting customers to send quotations, have quotations accepted, receive payment.
- Respond to customer queries rapidly, updating CRM immediately.
- Manage repair process keeping machines progressing through the repair queue as appropriate.
- Order parts for machines, managing stock levels and requirements specified by the engineering team, checking budget constraints where necessary.
- Record all faulty received parts, their job number and status of refund.
- Logistical planning
- Book deliveries from the shop for all completed repairs, when appropriate.
- Arrange collections from customers to store.
- Arrange delivery of boxes if the customer does not have appropriate packaging.
- Handle complaints with the couriers, informing all concerned parties of the status of the complaint.
- Shop Management
- Organise rota to ensure sufficient staff coverage of shop opening hours.
- Order supplies for running the business.
- Ensure cash management procedure is followed.
- Staff Management
- Organise induction process and subsequent training of shop assistant(s).
- Manage all leave requests from shop assistant(s), ensure leave notices are well communicated to the other teams.
- Hold regular appraisals with shop assistant(s).
- Optimise opportunities for team development.
- Ensure shop floor is clear and tidy at all times.
- Attend all meetings, as requested.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by supervisors and/or line manager.
- Work Experience
- Experience of a retail environment is required.
- Experience of managing staff is preferable.
- Experience working in a similar environment would be preferable.
Other skills and competencies
- Excellent communicator, both written and spoken.
- Able to provide excellent customer service.
- Sound knowledge of the range of Apple products is preferable but not essential.
- Personal qualities
- Strong organisational skills, good at multi-tasking, flexible.
- Conscientious, honest, good use of initiative.
- Genuine interest in Apple products.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: GBP20,000.00 /year