Purchasing Assistant Temporary to permanent contract
Our client is a reputable and highly respected family-run company based in Coventry. They are an established supplier within their industry and due to team expansion, they are now looking to acquire the services of a talented Purchasing Assistant to work closely with the Purchasing Director. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a company who genuinely value their employees. The role would suit a conscientious individual with some previous purchasing experience or a strong administrator who is interested in progressing their career within this discipline.
This is permanent job opportunity, but our client would like to hire the successful candidate initially on a temporary basis. This will give both parties a chance to see if the job/company is right for them. Once a brief and succesful temporary period has been completed, a permanent contract will be agreed. You will need to be immediately available or available at short notice.
- Liaising with Suppliers as to expected delivery dates for orders and back orders.
- Helping raise orders as detailed in accordance with re-order levels and re-order quantities.
- Assisting with product sourcing and finding prices for 'special order' items.
- Liaising with Suppliers to get current prices and updating the system accordingly.
- Ensuring all data is inputted to Excel efficiently and accurately.
- Maintaining a strong attention to detail.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Previous purchasing/buying experience within any industry is highly advantageous.
- Confident with Microsoft packages including Excel.
- Loyal, honest and trustworthy person who takes great pride in their work.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communicator - both written and verbal.
- Longevity demonstrated with previous employers.
The working hours are Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm. A free lunch is provided on a daily basis.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV including details about your current or most recent salary and your availability/notice period. You can also call Jack on for a discreet and confidential discussion about the role.