An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading utilities supplier as a Credit Controller, our client are currently seeking a Credit Controller based in Coventry, CV7 8PE. This a full-time temporary contract for 6 months paying in the region of GBP27,000 per annum, pro rota.
You will support the leadership of a team of credit controllers and administrators providing comprehensive support to a specific business area. Ensure appropriate financial and credit control with a particular emphasis on timely, accurate and complete credit risk, cash collection and debt management services.
- You will support the provision of credit and risk, cash collection and debt management services on behalf of business managers, business partners, operational and support functions as required. Deal with the most complex ad-hoc requests, escalated issues and non-standard analysis in order to contribute to the delivery of business unit objectives.
- Support the Senior Credit Controller and Manager in engaging with the wider business to establish, maintain and monitor the credit and risk control framework, ensuring adherence to key internal and Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Provide robust credit risk management for the business unit(s) by identifying, leading, and coordinating the quantification of risks and opportunities whilst maintaining the Credit & Risk Management risk register.
- Provide credit and risk management support to the business, ensuring the team delivers a high quality and robust service to the business.
- Contribute towards the development of a highly motivated, innovative and customer-focused team, developing talent and a performance management culture that drives value through staff engagement and successfully meets/exceeds all relevant targets and strategic objectives within the business unit.
- Proactively seek opportunities to enhance operational efficiency through the implementation of best practice, drawing on external sources and internal references in order to drive increased value for the business.
- Support the delivery of change across the business, role-modelling new ways of working and owning delivery of key outcomes to drive the improvement of long-term business capability.
- Proactively build own knowledge of RIIO and its impact on the industry and the business in order to support key decisions and advise and guide own business area.
- Promote a positive safety culture through visible proactive, consistent and influential behaviours
- Keep the company safe by co-operating with others to ensure a co-ordinated approach to promote a clear understanding of each party's duties, roles and responsibilities for Safety and Wellbeing
- Dealing with daily unallocated cash in line with management expectations
- Support Senior Credit Controller with refund in line with current processes
- To ensure that all information is kept private and confidential due to bank details / customer card details
Key Skills required
- Knowledge of relevant commercial and credit policies
- Experience in the operation of transactional processing of sales orders or customer indebtedness in large/complex businesses
- Preferably, commercial and/or operational management experience
- Knowledge of SAP - Not essential
- Attention to detail is key within team
- Prioritising workload
- Working to deadlines and working within a target driven industry
- Customer orientated experience
- Desirable - A member of a relevant professional body or studying for a professional qualification (CIMA, ACCA, AAT, ICM).