Housing Assistant Required
Location: Telford Shropshire
Rate: GBP9-GBP11 per hour including holiday pay
Length: Temporary Ongoing
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am to 5pm (full time)
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a Housing Assistant based in Shropshire. This opportunity is looking for candidates who can start immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Housing Officer in a designated housing area and to be the main front line contact for tenants and residents for housing and estate management matters
- Reporting on a monthly basis to the Housing Officer on agreed targets and performance
- Assisting when required in ensuring regular tenancy audits, area walkabouts and estate inspections are carried out
- Reporting any incidents of vandalism and/or damage
- Assisting the Housing Officer to proactively manage estates including identification and remedy of untidy gardens and tree maintenance
- Assisting the Housing Officer to undertake general tenancy management, including the administration in dealing with squatters and abandoned properties
- Managing termination procedures to include the Notice paperwork and system administration, and to carry out viewings of properties when required
- Assisting colleagues in identifying those affected by Welfare Reform changes, including telephoning tenants to obtain up to date household information
- Updating and maintaining tenancy records and identifying any incidences of suspected tenancy fraud to the Housing Officer
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a similar position
To secure an interview for this excellent opportunity contact Francesca Ellise or Ellise Leamy on or alternatively email as soon as possible.
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group's "Recommendation Scheme": If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for GBP25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.